Palić was first mentioned as Paly in 1462, when King Matthias presented the puszta to his mother. However, the settlement started to develop only in the middle of the 19th century. The medical effect of the clay and the water of the lake were discovered then. It got its present look in the beginning of the 20th century.
Palics is near the Hungarian border, between the old international road and the new highway. It is 8 km away from Subotica, but these two settlements have almost grown together. The majority of the population works in Subotica, and only the smaller part grows fruit or lives from tourism.
There are many sights in this settlement. The typical Art Nouveau buildings on the lakeside had been built according to Marcell Komor’s and Dezső Jakab’s plans. Furthermore, there are the family villas that look like the early Swiss cottages of those times. One of the most beautiful zoos in Serbia is also in Palić. This settlement is the home of the Palić International Film Festival, of the traditional Harvest Feast and the Wine Marathon.